Saturday, June 23, 2012

Old Camera's - Part II

I was looking through some of my archived files this morning, when I came across some photos from another of my older digital camera's.  This time, it's the Sony Cybershot DSC F707.

In my early digital photography days, I really wanted this camera.  It was stylish, and had some very nice features for what was technically a Point and Shoot camera.


Some of the features included:
  • 5 megapixels
  • 5x Optical Zoom
  • Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar Lens
  • Hologram AF Laser Focus Assist
  • Hot Shoe


I really liked this camera, and used it quite a bit.  It went with me on vacation photo shoots from San Diego to the Eastern Sierra.  I spent many cold mornings in the Alabama Hills and Mono Lake waiting for the sun to rise with this camera.  

Back to looking at photos.  I opened a few images up and was very pleasantly surprised at the quality of each picture.  Very sharp, with warm nicely saturated color.  The images below are the originals, no Photoshop tweaking at all.  Take a look for yourself:



That F707 was quite a camera.  But being a little short sighted, I got rid of it to trade up to the Canon 300D.  My biggest regret is that I don't have the F707 anymore, if nothing else to than to be displayed with my other camera's on the shelf.  Oh well, I could buy another one!  Yes, if you look online you will still find them used.  And varying in price from about $100 to $200.

Until next time, happy shooting!


No comments:

Post a Comment